Take the Fat Out of Fat Tuesday/Mardi Gras With This Fat-Free, Low Calorie, No Added Sugar Beverage
-By Hertha J. Woodruff, A.M.L.S., M.A.
It’s that fun celebration time called Fat Tuesday or Mardi Gras. It falls on March 4 this year in 2014. Why spoil it with high fat, high calorie, or added sugar consumption? I have come up with a simple non-fat, low calorie, no added sugar beverage that I have named, Orange Lite Delight. It only requires two ingredients. It is healthy. It is high in Vitamin C, Potassium, and Thiamine. It is light and refreshing.
Orange Lite Delight
- One large, fresh orange
- 1/2 cup of S. Pellegrino, or Perrier, or another sparkling water
- Cut orange in half.
- Use a manual citrus juicer to extract the orange juice.
- Pour squeezed orange juice into a glass.
- Pour 1/2 cup of sparkling water over orange juice in glass.
- Add ice cubes or crushed ice to beverage.
Did you know that we are now on Facebook? Please “like” our page at www.facebook.com/omfdental for great dental health tips, contests, giveaways, and great special announcements!