Women’s Informal Network Honors Dr. William H. Woodruff
On October 20, the Women’s Informal Network (WIN) held their 20th Anniversary Founder’s Day Gala & Fundraiser at the Detroit/Wayne County Port Authority. The theme of the event this year was, “Honoring Men who Support Women.”
The Women’s Informal Network was founded by Patricia A. Cole in 1992. WIN’s mission is to promote growth and development of African American women in metropolitan Detroit. Promoting the highest standard of achievement, education, social and economic awareness and sisterhood is the driving force behind WIN’s unification. The current president of the WIN is Beverly Smith.
Dr. William Woodruff was one of ten men honored. The other nine honorees included:
- Marvin Beatty, Vice President, Community Affairs at Greektown Casino, former Deputy Fire Commisioner
- Paul Bridgewater, Director/CEO, Detroit Area Agency on Aging
- Rev. D. Alexander Bullock, Paster, Greater St. Matthew Baptist Church, President, Highland Park NAACP and Rainbow PUSH Detroit
- Mel Farr, Sr., Owner, Mel Farr Financial Services, Former Detroit Lions football player, Founder Mel Farr Automotive Group
- Rory Gamble, Director of UAW Region 1A
- Thomas Hardiman, President & CEO, A & H Contractors
- Hiram Jackson, CEO, Real Times Media, Inc.
- Ellis Liddell, President/CEO, ELE Wealth Management, LLC
- Chuck Stokes, Editiorial/Public Affairs Dir., WXYZ, Channel 7
We would like to thank our patient, Charlene Mitchell-Rodgers, for nominating Dr. Woodruff for this prestigious honor.
For additional pictures from the event, please visit Hour Magazine’s website.
Did you know that we are now on Facebook? Please “like” our page at www.facebook.com/omfdental for great dental health tips, contests, giveaways, and great special announcements!